The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Laundry Room


My Old washer Kenmore 90 Series


My 
Laundry Accessories


My New Washer 70 Series


My Laundry Metal Sign


My Champion Clothes-Pin Bag


Hello Gals!

Well, this past Friday my washer broke, and I went out to purchase another one. I was looking for the old wringer washer, but I had no luck, so i settled for a Kenmore 70 series. I don't know exactly what year my new Kenmore was produced, but I'll do my research. Anyway, let me show you all my laundry room.
As you all can see I don't own a dryer, that is because I hang all my clothes outside on the clothes line. I prefer to do it this way, and I love it! rain or shine I'm always out there hanging clothes. Hehe!
Have a wonderful Day Gals,
xo,Jacqueline

5 comments:

  1. Ho! what a beautiful antiques I do remember how wringer washer was a thank you you are good.
    Clothes can wrap around the wringer and be torn ? Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use the washboard? That is great you hang out all your clothes. Lots of ironing that way. I spent some time in Germany where all my friends only had washers. To dry they simply had a compact clothes rack and the clothing dried in the house. Where I live it is way to rainy to hang out clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE your washing accessories etc. Too cute. :)
    My Mum had one of those ringer washers that you were wanting. I used to HATE that thing with a passion-LOL. She didn't get an actual automatic washer until early into the 21st century. She said that nothing washed her clothes better than that old, ringer washer. :)

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an old post about ringer washers, but it made people upset - bad memories of children's accidents. I think that was my most unpopular post! I still think they are are option - I saw some other interesting old fashioned washers at Lehman's online. They are expensive new.

    Those old washers wear like iron. I hang up all my clothes as well. In the winter I hand them on two racks and a free rolling extra clothes hanging rod.

    I love your laundry room! I was looking at one of those galvanized tubs the other day. My washer is in out garage - I am still trying to think of ways to make it prettier in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ane, I never thought this could happen when using a wringer washer. Oh boy! I need to think about this washer more carefully. Thanks
    @ Coedith, Yes! I use my wash board all the time ^_^
    @ Laura, This is so sweet to know...it just brings back so many memories. Don't you think?
    @ Alexandra, I know about accident with those old washers. Mama would always say "Stay Away From The Washer At All Times" I think this is what kept me away from it as a child. As for the hanging of clothes...I do it the same way you do during the winter time.

    ReplyDelete