The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Thursday, January 26, 2012

South of the Border Inspiration


 Buenos Dias Queridas,

     I hope everyone is doing well. I'll like to share with you some of the Mexican images that inspire me. I love to dress in traditional Mexican dresses because I am of Mexican descend; Although, growing up I never saw any of my relatives dressed in such beautiful traditional dress, something attracted me to them. I think its the vibrant colors along with lace in blouses, skirts, rebozos, dresses, and the ribbons on the hair that catch my eye. Every color shouts cheer and happiness. 

Well, today I"ll like to share with you all some of my favorite Mexican dresses plus a made by me 1950s skirt that I sewed last year paired with a yellow blouse. I like to combine bright colors that display merriment. I just love how the yellow combines with the red in the fourth photo don't you think it works well?






  Below are a few images that inspire me from the glamorous paintings of Mexican Calender Senioritas, The Golden Age of Calender Art 1930-1960.



  Now the art work of Jose Guadalupe Posada (1852-1913)  Mexican cartoonist, artist, and illustrator, fascinates me... "Calavera de la Catrina" "Calavera of the female Dandy"





So, Mexico's vibrant color palette along with simple black and white colors displayed in every form; from art paintings, home decor, clothing, and architecture truly inspires me to be more glamorous even if I am a homemaker. 


Adios, for now.

Besos y Abrasos,
Jacqueline- The Darling Homemaker
















3 comments:

  1. your match is perfect, I love the style of traditional Mexican embroidered blouses mostly, and women of Oaxaca, and Frida Kahlo.
    I was in Mexico years ago in the Yucatan, but how I would go back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! So bright and cheerful! I do like your attire for today, it suits you very well. All that embroidery is fasinating! Do you embroider?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ TheBlackPinafore,
    Its been 23 years that I have not traveled to Mexico, but I do love all the traditional clothing as well. I also admire Frida Kahlo and her art work.

    @ Heide,
    Unfortunately I don't know how to embroider, but I would love to self teach myself in the future.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such nice comments.

    ReplyDelete