The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Friendship

 Hello Everyone,



The last couple of days I've been thinking about writing on the topic of  Why I started this blog, "The Darling Homemaker". Basically it was to make friends with other women who have a love for homemaking and vintage fashion.


As a young girl I used to dream of dressing up in vintage fashion clothing from the Edwardian period and the 20s mostly, now I have a deep love for the all other eras (30s, 40s, 50s, and some early 60s) which I did not know much about back then, but through the years I have researched and studied vintage fashion on my own.
I've  never met anyone interested in vintage fashion, I've made a few friends along the way, but never one that would have the same interest I had. I remember during my high school years I was interested in vintage fashion and home economics as well. Home economics was something I wanted to learn. I remember taking homemaking while in high school, it was a good learning time for me. At that time in my life, my main focus was on the future, and that was for me to become a homemaker. So I married young, and started a family. Putting aside all other interest (that would be vintage fashion and education) and focusing on my family.
As the years went by, I never lost my personal passion for vintage dressing. It always lingered in the back of my mind, I wondered if there were other women like myself who also had a passion for old-fashioned clothing. Hmmm....
Being a person who keeps very much to herself, I never attempted to talk about it, in fear that others would make fun of me,  So I went through life wondering...wondering if some day I would meet women like myself who have a passion for the good old days.
One day in 2001, I was first introduced to the computer, and something just told me, hey! maybe you can reach out and make friends on-line with others that share the same interest, but I was told by someone that it was not possible...So time passed me by, once again.
And In May of 2009 I made another attempt this time doing it all on my own, and not asking for help. I learned how to use the web, on my own, and guess what... Lord and be hold...I found all of you.
I was so happy, as I still am, not only do we share the same interests, but have the courage to express it. I knew right there and then there was no stopping me.
Now I could be me, without being judge by others or ridiculed. I have taken a big step toward bettering myself, I think...and this is just the beginning for me.
I now plan to go back to college and finish up my college degree. Something I should have done a long time ago. I am still deciding if to pursue a degree in journalism and mass communication, or fashion and merchandise. Don't know yet, but I have to trust my gut feeling when I decide which path to take.
  Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you with this post. I just wanted you all to know it feels so good to of made friends on blog land because I have non where I live ( I'm an introvert.) I haven't had a friend that I could go out and have a cup of tea with in 12 years. Once again, thank you all for following The Darling Homemaker and being my friend.



 (Pictures from 2009)

Love,
Jacqueline

6 comments:

  1. Isn't the internet marvelous?
    Thanks for being willing to share your passion and ideas! It can be so hard to get up enough nerve sometimes. I wouldn't call myself a extrovet, but I am learning to open up a bit.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Post!
      Good Luck! It will be fun to hear about your plans. I love the photos of your fashion! It is so much fun.

      Delete
  2. Great post, I started my blog for the same exact reason, to meet like minded women such as yourself. I really wish we all lived closer to one another so we could have ladies gatherings. When I was younger I adored the Victorian era, I even had a Victorian themed wedding, but like you, I lean towards the 40's and 50's now. I love being a stay at home wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends for stopping by...I'm so glad we are kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been lurking for a while, but...yes, it is nice to meet kindred spirits online because we are indeed in a niche of our own! Good luck with your choice, I'm sure you'll pick the right one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jen, It was so nice of you to stop by. ;)

    ReplyDelete