The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Monday, February 6, 2012

Vintage Fashion Inspiration

 Welcome Friends!


It has been so cool, cloudy, and with  isolated showers outside I haven't been able to do my outdoor clothes hanging for the past couple of days. So to cheer up, I like to pass my time looking at vintage fashion catalogs. Today it's all about at home fashion for the homemaker. Being I am home most of the time. I like to dress in stylish and relaxed clothing. I love the feel of a cotton sweater, and blue jeans during the cool winter days, and the comfort of a wrap-style dress. Being a homemaker is not an easy job but someone has to do it, right?  Why not do it with beautiful style and comfort, don't you think? Now, here are some of the images I've been looking at today.  From Everyday Fashions of  the Fifties as pictured in Sears Catalogs.










xo,
Jacqueline- The Darling Homemaker

3 comments:

  1. Love that book! I have the whole collection!
    Thanks for the inpiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your head band. It adds so much! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heide, Aren't those books full of beautiful vintage fashion inspiration? I also have several of them, the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, but not the ones that are printed in color.I only have the black and white print books.

    Carla, Thanks...growing up, I used to watch my mama do all her household chores wearing a red hanky on her head as a headband. Now I wear one too, remembering how much my mother inspired me to be the person I am today.

    Ladies, thanks for stopping by...

    Love,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete