The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Vintage TexMex Seniorita

 1940s Vintage TexMex Seniorita



Happy Friday Lovelies!
     Just wanted to share with you all a couple of pics of my lovely Mexican vintage dress. I am so inspired by those gorgeous Mexican women from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Who would wear dresses like this one as an everyday dress. Can you all imagine what a site it must have been to travel to Mexico on summer vacation during the decades of the 30s, 40s or 50s , and see all these women dressed in gorgeous palette of bright colored dresses. Wow! I can only imagine. Very few women wear them today and I am so happy I am one of them.

Wearing:

Vintage Mexican Peasant Dress
Tooled Mexican Sandals
Mexican Earrings
Garubachi Necklace
Flower Claire's

Enjoy Your Weekend.
xox,
Jacqueline

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! My fiancee's family would go to Mexico quite often during the 30s-60s. Because of those trips I have a lot of neat purses! A couple of other items but lots of purses. If only i could tell them to go back and get some more goods like the dresses you speak of and other fun souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty outfit and a pretty homemaker! It reminds me of a dress I made for my daughter when she was just around 8 or 9 years old. I put in all the gathers and all the trims. Unfortunately, we don't have that dress any more. It got very damaged in storage. I just found your charming little blog! Very fun, I am going to follow! I hope you can visit me some time.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Everything you wear is a style inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Your dress is so pretty and you are always so good at putting togther a cute vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Ladies for all the gracious comments. You all have certainly made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Pretty Mexican vintage dress. I don't have any but I love these dresses from the 30's -60's. I think they are sexy and beautiful. I have seen my beloved mother wore these dress back then and wish she had saved them for me! Thanks for sharing the post. I know it's a late comment to your post. I am sort of new to blogger world. Happy New year! Hope you can check out mine sometime.

    ReplyDelete