The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Friday, January 18, 2013

Good Clean Fun Friday No.1



Happy Friday!

I don’t know if you all have ever experienced a drain being clogged, I know I have, and it is nothing nice.  Having water draining very slowly, accumulating around the sink or the bath tub makes me feel like losing my temper.  Well, at times I use Draino, but when I have none, I must tackle the problem with self-assurance and confidence making my very own homemade drain cleaner. Why? because  I enjoy when drain pipes are free flowing.



 And so, to keep my plumbing in good maintenance, I like to use this recipe: 

                Homemade Drain Cleaner

1.       Pour ½ cup to 1 cup baking soda down the drain.  Make sure there is no standing water.

2.       Slowly pour ½ cup to 1 cup white vinegar after the baking soda.

3.       Let it stand for 5 minutes (cover the drain if possible) you will notice fizzing and bubbling due to reaction of the mixture of the baking soda and the white vinegar.

4.       After the 5 minutes have gone by pour 1 gallon of boiling water down the drain and you are done. No need to call the plumber, hehe!


Now, how about that! Easy, quick, and simply, but how does this work?  Well, let me tell you, the baking soda and white vinegar break down fatty acids from the grease and food waste turning it into a soap glycerin solution which cleans the pipes as it’s going down washing the drain pipe.
Isn’t it fantastic darlings, now we can keep our drain pipes clean by using a homemade solution that will not damage drain pipes,Yay!

That’s all for now, enjoy your weekend darlings,
Jacqueline

4 comments:

  1. My husband just unclogged my shower drain the other night. When I does it he need a metal hanger to pull out the giant clump of my hair stuck in the drain. I got a new hair catcher today, to help lesson the giant clump of hair next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this will be a great help.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I could really use this...liquid plumber just doesn't seem to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have used this before and it works great! So much better then using chemicals as if do need to take the pipes apart you have to be extremely careful of the chemicals stuck in the pipes, even plumbers are not happy with that situation.

    ReplyDelete