The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Thursday, January 10, 2013

To Tell or Not to Tell




Hello lovelies,

First of all let me just say thank you for the comments on my previous post.  I tried not to be too specific to my New Year’s guide list in case anyone wanted to implement it to their New Year’s guide list they could  do so by me keeping the list simple.   Anyway, I want to touch on the subject of face to face and social web socializing.  I started my blog in October 2009 in an effort to meet others with similar interest from around the world.  To share, learn, create, and become friends.  I feel very comfortable with this type of social web socializing, and Blogging has earned me 65 followers who I consider my social web friends, you are all the best. 

 I don’t feel embarrassed or ridiculous when posting pictures, but over the past three years it has come to my attention that I feel an uncomfortable silence in me when I have to socialize face to face.  I don’t socialize face to face often so whenever I have to attend Holiday functions I try to pull myself together.  I just feel so awkward when I am surrounded by modern people who do not share the same vintage lifestyle views I have, and try to make me feel like I fit in by saying to others; she has a vintage blog, which I never told them I had, but a person close to me that knew I have created such a blog leaked out this information back in 2009 to certain people.

  Now, I don’t like talking about my blog at all.  I don’t mention it to anyone or go around telling people I have a blog. I just don’t feel it’s important for people to know.   Unless, I Tweet about it announcing to the world I have such blog.   I feel it is up to me to let others know I blog when meeting them face to face, and not have other people going around announcing it themselves.   Because I tell you, it makes me feel so uneasy to have someone other than I blurt out, she has a vintage blog.  Have you all experienced something similar?  If yes, how did you address it?  Could I be wrong about this?  Or I’m I just making a big deal?  What do you all think? Please let this darling homemaker know, all your comments are valuable to me.

Love,
Jacqueline ~the darling homemaker

4 comments:

  1. Nothing is ever a secret in our family, there is always someone who pipes up with "Heide has a blog!" I am with you though. I don't think every person in the whole world needs or wants to know I have a blog. That being said, if the subject comes up or it comes out in conversation, I don't think you need to avoid the subject. It is part of who you are, you don't need to hide it.
    Who needs to socialize when one has a close-knit family and a host of blogging friends?! Don't be to hard on yourself, the world is made up of all kinds of people and we are all not social butterflies, besides someone has to keep the home fires burning!!

    Keep up the good work Jacqueline!
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacqueline,
    I understand, I really do. I love your blog. I enjoy the old fashion ways too.
    Keep up the good work.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for stopping by and leaving me such fantastic comments. I value your comments greatly ;)

    Love,
    Jacqueline~ The darling homemaker

    ReplyDelete