The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Personal Time



Hello lovelies,

When you are an old fashioned homemaker like I am, you are often responsible for many chores like keeping a neat and orderly home, preparing meals, being positive, care for the children no matter how old they are, and making time to spend with family to name a few.  All of these responsibilities come into play when you are a homemaker maker whether you are a full stay at home mom or one that works outside the home; it is no mystery that as the queen of the house their needs to be time for rest.  For me that time of rest was today, I simply needed to take some time out from it all by not wearing makeup, having messy hair, wearing a wrinkled dress, blogging, and staying away from house work.  Oh and does it feel good…to sit back and enjoy reading a good book, watch a favorite movie, or work on a sewing project I’ve been putting off for some time now.  I think I should take time off more often and focus a little more on me. So a little word of advice, if you are like me, always working, remember to take a break and focus on you.  You deserve it!


Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Jacqueline

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline,
    Like you, I am feeling the need to do something relaxing that I haven't had time to do. I am declaring today "Sew Monday" and will be getting out my sewing machine today. With four kids (like you, older (19) and younger (3)), it is difficult sometimes to carve out time for activities I "want" to do compared to those I "must' do. Enjoy your day!
    Marianne @yarndollvintagestyle.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne and welcome. I sure do know what you mean. Thanks for leaving me a comment. Come visit my humble blog any time you'd like.

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete