The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Monday, May 27, 2013

1960s Fashion



Hello Lovelies,
            I’ve never been completely in love with the 60s era, why that is, I don’t know... I have only worn occasionally a couple of early 1960s dresses in the past, but recently I’ve had an urge to explore more of the 1960s fashion and life style.    Maybe it has to do with the fact that my boyfriend loves the 1960s.  So I have decided to do some research as far as fashion, hairstyles, homemaking, and I am currently working on bringing up my wardrobe style to the classic early 1960s fashion with influence from the late 1950s.  I have a lot to learn from the 60s era…but for now here are a few ads of 1960s vintage fashion.  Oh my! I just love all the beautiful colors on these dresses.


  (all images via tumblr)



Thanks for stopping by,
Jacqueline

1 comment:

  1. I echo your sentiments about never being completely in love with the fashion of the 1960s either. Objectively though, it's the mod looks that I'm really not crazy about, some of the other styles - especially the gloriously girly dresses from the first four or so years, are really, really lovely and have started to grow on me a lot more in recent years, too (no doubt influenced at least a bit by my love of the show Mad Men).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete