The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

30s Dress from Maple Leaf Rags

  Hello Lovelies,

 During the month of April my youngest son Joseph made his first communion, and I was so thrilled to wear to this occasion a 1930s peach lace "Mme Renauld" summer day dress from Etsy shop Maple Leaf Rags.
Shop owner Dakota made my shopping experience a delight. I couldn't have chosen a better place to shop at.  The dress color is a soft pink lace, very cool, and in excellent condition.
In the  past, I remember Dakota wearing this dress, and posting about it on her blog spot Sweetheart of the rodeo dakota-rodeo.blogspot.com. and thinking to myself, wow! What a gorgeous dress, if she ever sells this dress I do hope I get to buy it.  Well what do you know. I was able to make the purchase, yay! And now I get to enjoy wearing it to special occasions.

Here is a pic of Dakota wearing the dress. Isn't she adorable? I just love the way she can wear anything and make it look very nice. 
 Now here is another pic of myself with my two little ones outside St. Joseph Catholic Church.

If you all get a chance visit www.etsy.com/shop/MapleLeafRags‎   for a great shopping experience.  Again, I want to thank Dakota for her wonderful service.

Love,
Jacqueline

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks STUNNING on you!! I'm so, so happy it found a stylish vintage lady who can appreciate it and love it <3

    And congratulations to your son; you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Heidi, thank you.

    @ Dakota, thank you for such a beautiful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so, so terrifically lovely! The moment I spotted the first photo, I thought to myself, that looks a lot like a dress I saw Dakota wear before, and low and behold, it is the precise same dress (I just love when things like that happen in the vintage world).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is incredible! And your family is adorable. Good job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is incredible! And your family is adorable. Good job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jessica, Rudesofa, and Zoe thanks gals for such beautiful comments. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, The First Communion is so very special. Sons and Mothers have a wonderful relationship. Me and my son are close, and often just hang out together. : ) You look lovely in this dress.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete