The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Peasant Blouse









Hello Lovelies,
If you’ve been looking for a vintage peasant blouse and haven’t been able to find one or you may have found it, but it may be a little too expensive to purchase why not try looking for a new peasant blouse that is affordable to suit your needs.  A few months ago I purchased my peasant blouse at Tractor Supply store and I love it.  Peasant blouses have been around for many years, but they are best known to the U.S. as a staple style of the 1960s fashion, and since I’ve been studying 60s fashion lately, I thought it would be nice to pair this modern peasant blouse with a nice simple six gore skirt to bring out the blouse features.  The delicate embroidery along the collar and the sleeves plus the floral detailing on the front of the blouse makes this blouse pretty sexy and feminine in my opinion.  I believe this blouse has a 1930s flair more so than the boho peasant ones made during the 60s the only thing missing in this blouse is the gathered waist line that was often seen in the 1930s to look like the authentic 1930s blouse.   Also, accessorizing it with vintage jewelry can really complete a nice look.  So, if you are looking for a fun, sexy, and cool summer blouse you can’t go wrong with peasant blouse to enjoy the hot summer days.  On a different note, I’ve been practicing combing my hair in an early 1960s style, but haven't have much success as you can see in the pictures above.  I tried to do a vintage beehive ponytail bouffant and I think I failed miserably, hehehe… Anyway, I’ll keep on trying until I get it somewhat right or I will have to go back to my regular 1930s part in the middle hairstyle.  


Outfit Details:
Peasant Blouse- Tractor Supply
Skirt- Brooks Brothers
Belt- Vintage
Shoes- Brooks Brothers
Fruit earrings- Vintage


Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Jacqueline

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! And certainly looks vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peasant blouses are a firm favourite of mine as well. Though I don't own too many (yet! :)), those that I do have go into heavy rotation come June and stay there until at least September. I just love how comfortable, sweet and airy they are, will still retaining a sense of structure.

    You look so timelessly beautiful, dear gal - those cute, vibrant earrings were the perfect complement to your top's colour palette.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gals for stopping by and leaving such nice comments...

    xx,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete