The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall Cleaning


 
     It's that time of year lovelies when I do fall cleaning, a term used the same as spring cleaning which consists mainly of an enormous entire house deep cleaning. What a delight it is to start this fall season with a house that  has been cleaned from top to bottom.  All the season decorations from Halloween to Christmas will look wonderful.  But this huge task does not have to be stressful. The best way to start fall or spring cleaning is to have a schedule set in place.  By carefully planning your household cleaning the process should run smoothly.   I am no expert, but this is how I like to plan out my cleaning sequence.

  •  Clean out the closets, drawers, and rooms.
  • Remove curtains or drapes and get them ready to be washed.
  • Gather toys and other items we no longer use packed them so they'll be ready to be delivered to the Salvation Army. 
  • Throw away unused or worn out pieces.
  • Organize the entire laundry room.
  • Clean walls, small fixtures, ceiling, windows, including window blinds, and floors this includes shampooing the carpet.
  • Vacuum or dust books.
  • Clean underneath stove, refrigerator, washer, and furniture. 
  • Wash the china, crystal, and dust figurines. 
  • And last but not least organize clothing, jewelry, photos, and  shoes.

     This is the sequence I follow, do you have an order in which you do your semiannual cleaning? Over the years what has worked for me is the above schedule.  Having a system to do household chores reduces stress and tension in my life.  Let's face it, who likes to be cleaning all the time.  But for some reason I really enjoy taking care of my home.

     Every time I clean my home and care for my family I sense a feeling of it is all worthwhile, it makes me feel virtuous, and brings comfort to me.  I enjoy watching my family  experience the joy  of living in a homey home.  I guess homemaking brings out an attitude in me and not just me, but in all of us, some of us like doing it and others don't.  Which in my opinion is good, having diverse opinions is what makes us unique.  Also, when scheduling for cleaning what may work for me may not work for others.  So whatever works for you is the best way to do your house cleaning.  The one thing that crosses my mind is we all want to make our dwelling place feel homey.  After all, home is where you belong, it is where you rest after a long day of work, and where you gather your energy to continue your every day tasks. Would you agree?  So whether we rent or own our place called home it is where the heart is.


     Well, on a different note, Deep South Texas has been seeing plenty of rain during the past week, and it is all due to tropical storms Manuel and Ingrid bringing severe flooding to some areas of the Rio Grande Valley. The only downfall when it rains is the inability for me to hang my clothes to dry on the line, but I can't say I have not enjoyed the rain because I have.  In spite of all the rain, there was an open window of opportunity when the rain stopped for a while and I  jumped on the  chance to take pics.  So I leave you with a collage of pics from yesterday and a video from Charles Kaley's orchestra What do we do on a Dew Dew Dewy Day.
.

 1950s fall dress
Saltwater Sandals




Love,
Jacqueline


 (images above comes from vintage magazine ads)

2 comments:

  1. Cleaning is tough but enjoying cleaning will make the work easy and pleasing..
    Bond Cleaning Brisbane
    End Of Lease Cleaners Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. William thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You are absolutely correct, I agree with your comment house work is pleasing when it is enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete