The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Monday, December 16, 2013

Recuperating



Dear lovelies,
            Today marks one month and five days I suffered a mini stroke and was rushed to the emergency room by ambulance.  The stroke happened sometime during my sleep and I woke up with no movement to my entire right side of my body.  I could not move or speak and to my surprise I was not able to swallow.  It was a terrifying experience for all my family and myself.  Shortly after I was examined while at the emergency room I was admitted to the hospital and stayed for duration of four days.  During my hospital stay several tests were taken to determine what caused the stroke, and the results were blood clotting on the right side of my heart and a hole in my heart.
 
As you can imagine my daily life was turned upside down. I am currently under medication which I will take for the rest of my life or until I decide to have heart surgery.  I no longer have the ability to move rapidly, but I am regaining my strength and movements thanks to God.  It is very difficult not to be able to care for my family the way I used to, but I have faith with time I will be just like before. "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." 1 Thessalonians 4: 11 & 12

(image via web)


At this time I am so happy and comfortable enough to sit down and share what happened to me with all of you, and I am hoping by doing so my feelings of hope, trust, and faith can multiply.  And so I am taking life one day at a time accepting the fact I move slower, telling myself I will regain all my strength, fighting off depression, stepping into joy, being gentle to myself, spending time with those people I love, but most importantly taking time on a daily basis to be alone with God.  I figured with God by my side everything is possible. “Our hope is in the LORD.  He is our help, our shield to protect us.  Psalm 33:20



From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my post.

Love,
 Jacqueline
 


8 comments:

  1. Dear Jacqueline, I'm very glad you are improving with each day. It seems we all hurry through life and then something makes us slow down. My prayers are with you. Take each day as it comes, praise God and make each day a wonderful one. Lots of rest, fresh air and a bit of exercise. If you decide on the surgery, please be aware that the surgeons are very skilled and in no time you could be up and about. I love your blog and look forward to reading it. Stay well. Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqueline! What a frightening experience. I am so glad God saw you through and is healing you every day! I am sure it is frustrating to not be back to normal quickly, but like you said I am sure you will make a full recovery. I thought you might like to read Kate Davies blog athttp://katedaviesdesigns.com/. She also suffered a stroke and has been making a recovering, she is also so fun to read as she designs knitting patterns and lives in Scotland!

    I pray the Lord Bless You and Keep You and your Family. And grant you a speedy recovery.
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jaqueline...
    How horrid that this happened to you...but thank God that you are recovering. May each day bring you closer to full recovery..and may the Lord continue to bless you with healing daily. I wish you an abundace of good health for the new year and always. May blessings follow you. xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully written Jacqueline. You have surely accomplished your goal of showing the strength of Christ through you to one person--me! I admire you so much and am praying + hoping you a swell recovery. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you dear blogging friend.
    Our prayers to you and your family.

    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending healing prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blog and seeing the beautiful clothes you make. I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to return to doing the things you love.

    ReplyDelete