The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Friday!






Hello lovelies,
Lately the weather here in Deep South Texas has been in the 30 degrees F this past week, but it feels like we are in the 20 degrees F due mostly to being cloudy with pockets of drizzle which we rarely experience, but I welcome it.   I am enjoying spending most of my daily time in the kitchen cooking and baking.



 Of course, I do miss doing laundry the way I normal do it when the sun is out shinning and hot, but being cold brings new drying challenges when I am having to put my clothes out on the line bringing in somewhat damp clothes. Instead, I have to improvise by ironing some of the garments which sometimes does the trick of drying the clothes completely.


 On a different note, I've been practicing my knitting and crocheting as a beginner.  So I thought I would give myself the opportunity to crochet what is my interpretation of a 30s 40s scarf.  I did not use a guide, I crochet my scarf from gut feeling so here is the image I used as inspiration it is called the dress up scarf.  I found this image on the web.


 and here is my  interpretation.


I stitched a double crochet, stitching 28 stitches across, and working until I reached 53 inches in length.  As you can see, I used two colors red and pink some of my favorites and I am very pleased with the finished product. I can't wait to advance in my knitting and crocheting endeavor and see what wonderful things I can create. 
Well, this is all for now.  I send you all hugs and kisses.  Enjoy the weekend.

Love,
Jacqueline


1 comment:

  1. The best way to spend a cold gloomy day, baking or crocheting/knitting! Very cute apron and love your glass pitcher. Keep up the good work crocheting!

    ReplyDelete