The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sew For Victory 2.0 Outfit

Happy Tuesday Lovelies,

I've completed my Sew For Victory 2.0 challenge hosted by Rochelle luckylucille.com  It was a pleasure to be part of the challenge and sew the trousers, blouse, and at the last minute Mrs. Depew 1940s Turban.  I've had both the trouser and blouse pattern for some time now, but only used the trouser pattern before and not the blouse pattern.  So, it was a great experience to have sewn the blouse.  The gathering of the sleeves was a bit tricky for me, but I was able to manage.  I did machine stitch combined with hand stitching, and I certainly enjoyed the hand stitching when doing the details on the blouse.  The turban is my very first head wear I make and it was very easy to construct.  All in all it was a wonderful challenge which I really enjoyed, thanks to Rochelle for hosting it.











The fabric for the blouse is more like that of lining fabric and turban is 100% cotton it was purchased at Walmart total cost for both was $3.00 and the fabric for the trousers is gabardine purchased at a fabric store cost $6.00.  The total cost for all fabric $9.00.

The patterns for the trousers and blouse are from simplicity and can be purchased at Walmart.  The Turban Pattern is from Mrs. Depew Vintage Etsy.

The year of the outfit: 1940s 
Shoes: Re-Mix
Sunglasses: 1940s reproduction Ebay
Earrings: Vintage
Watch: Vintage Baylor

Love,
Jacqueline






4 comments:

  1. Fun! You look beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful outfit! Love your sunglasses and turban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your entire ensemble! That turban is amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for leaving such gracious comments.

    Love,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete