The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Friday, December 5, 2014

Pie Baking Cookbook




Out of all the treasures I am always on the look for when I go shopping, good books are always on the top of my list.  Whether they are children’s, religious, instructional, literature, or cookbooks to name a few categories, I am always searching for books that I will treasure forever. 

  
Being a follower of Aunt Ruthie’s – Sugar Pie Farmhouse Blog (http://www.sugarpiefarmhouse.com/blog) I came across a wonderful book on how to make pies the easy way.  Ruthie introduces the book on the side of her blog front page as an advertisement, a cookbook written by Barbara Swell, The Lost Art of Pie Making Made Easy. And being the curious person I am I decided to look up Barbara Swell and her published book.  I discovered Barbara has several cookbooks, cookbooks that I am unfamiliar with, but I would love to try some of her recipes from any of these books in the near future. 


Since I am not a pie baker, and the last time I tried making a pie resulted in a disaster, I’ve decided to give pie baking another try.  I will be buying onlineThe Lost Art of Pie Making Made Easy cookbook, and I am hoping my pie’s turn out better this time around. 


Once my book arrives and I begin to make pies I will make a review post of my pie making endeavor, I bet it's going to be a lot of fun, don't you?


On a different note, as you may know by now, I am vegan, so you may ask, why are you buying cookbooks that are not for vegans? My answer is simple, because my entire family is not vegan.  They all eat as a normal person eats, with food that comes from animals, or that is produced by animals.  And being the darling homemaker I am, I make every effort to cook for them meals they are going to enjoy and savor.  Of course, I follow the recipes exactly as they are printed to avoid tasting or I have my children taste the food for me and let me know if there is something missing, and/or if the flavor is good.   



You know, over the years my children have really enjoyed and continue to enjoy being in the kitchen with me when I am cooking, I guess it is something they just got accustomed to.  It’s interesting how they never complain when they are in the kitchen; instead they are always laughing and having a good time.  For me, all of these are memories I’ve been making over the years, memories I will never forget. Thanks for stopping by.

Love,
Jacqueline       

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, my fellow vintage bookworm. Lovely/fascinating/informative/just-plain-fun reads seem to follow me home like stray cats and in both cases, I'm always keen to welcome them right on in. :)

    Happy reading & lots of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica, I send you lots of hugs too.

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete