The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wearing History 1930s 1940s "Rita" Shorts Review






 Wearing: 
Freddies of Pinewood Blouse
Wearing History Rita Shorts
Vintage Fruit Earrings and Brooch
Jack Rogers Sandals

Several months ago I went ahead and sewed my Wearing History "Rita:" shorts. It was during the Winter months when I finished sewing my shorts and I couldn't wait for the warm weather to arrive so that I could wear them.  Finally, the warm weather is here and I'm so happy to be able to wear the shorts for the first time (worn for the first time April 25, 2015).  Here are several pics of what the shorts look like on me.  I was amazed at how clear and simply the pattern was and sewing these shorts was a lot of fun.  They are comfortable, stylish, and attractive.  Anyways, here is a little account of the review.

Pattern: Wearing History "Rita" Shorts

Year: ca.1930s 1940s

Fabric:
For the fabric I used black twill and of course white buttons.  A huge contrast, I know, but I wanted the buttons to stand out.  The only thing when using black twill fabric is that it attracts a lot of lint, so keep this in mind if you all plan to use black twill.

Accuracy:
How historically accurate is this pattern?  After seven years of studying and researching vintage clothing styles I would have to say it is very accurate.

How long does it take to sew and what was the cost? 
This project was really quick to complete.  It does not take long, maybe about a couple of hours. Oh! before I forget, the total cost to make these short was $20.

Overall:
I will definitely  recommend this pattern to anyone.  I am giving this pattern the darling homemaker stamp approval and five stars.

Will I use this pattern again:
Definitely, I will be sewing a couple of shorts in the near future.  One pair for my youngest daughter Davina and another one for myself.

That's all for now.

Love,
Jacqueline~The Darling Homemaker


2 comments:

  1. I never knew they had shorts in the 30-40s! They must have been part of women's workout wear back then, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness do these shorts look fantastic on you! I adore the classic cut and fullness of the legs. So becoming and timelessly pretty!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete