The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Saturday, August 6, 2016

OCD Revelation


Hello lovely followers and readers,

First things first, thank you so much for continuing to follow this darling homemaker.  I hope everyone has been doing well and is in great spirits.  It's been a long time since I have written a post, and I find myself typing feeling incredibly comfortable sharing my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) with all of you.  I would have to say it's been close to 3 years now that I've been taking medication to treat my depression, anxiety, and fear. And let me tell you...It hasn't been easy living with OCD, but I have managed somehow to get from point A to point B, and there have been times when I felt dominated; not able to go places, but somehow I have managed.  I make every effort to make the best out my days and be a productive person.  

However, I have noticed that OCD is robbing me of time.  For example, if I need to leave home I am not able to do it immediately.   I have to mentally prepare myself to go out. Only then, I can say, "Okay, I'm ready, let's go." If I'm going places with someone other than my children and if the person I am with does not follow the agenda we both agreed on, then I panic.  The rest of the day is ruined because I can't seem to work out how to deal with the spontaneous change I make every effort to stay calm and reassure myself, "everything is going to be alright."  These are only two example of what I experience on a daily basis, I do have a couple more symptoms, but I felt it would be a good idea to only share two of them with you all.  Anyways, I've never attended group therapy or gone to counseling, I simply work at it on my own.  So far, this is the best way I am able to handle my OCD.  

For now,  I leave you with some silly pics taken back on February 2016, and I'll continue with the same routine and hope to be able to keep my OCD under control and not allow it to take over my daily life. That is all for now.






Wearing 
Brooks Brothers Dress
Tory Burch Gold Flat Shoes



Sincerely,
Jacqueline~The Darling Homemaker

2 comments:

  1. I know how frustrating OCD is, my Dad has it. Keep up the good work though!
    And I love your shirdress!

    ReplyDelete