The Darling Homemaker

The Darling Homemaker

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Stye Eye Infection,Throwing Out Makeup, and Cleaning Makeup Brushes

Hello Lovelies,

Sorry for not being active on Blogger.  I've been going through some rough spots, and have not made time to keep up with my Blog.
Well, six days ago, I developed a Stye.  Yesterday morning I went to visit my eye doctor, and she prescribed me medication and advised me to throw away makeup that came in contact with the eye and clean my makeup brushes.



 My no makeup, Stye, "face of the day."

For those of you who do not know what a Stye is, it is a staphylococcus bacteria eye infection.  It is bacteria that is harmless caused by an eyelash follicle becoming infected, and it creates an incredibly painful experience.  Anyways, thanks to the medications my doctor prescribed me I'm doing much better today.

Now, moving on to removing eye makeup that came in contact with the eye.





So, several items entered into contact with my eye, and now I have to throw them away.  All of the items above are my everyday makeup routine items, but sadly, they must go. The FLOWER liquid eyeliner by Drew Barrymore cosmetics is one of my favorites, Milani black eyeliner for my water line, Wet n Wild brown eyeliner, ELF mascara, erase paste concealer from Benefit, and Lorac eyeshadow primer.  These were all my favorite, and some items were relatively new. Sigh..

Also, I was advised by my doctor to clean my makeup brushes.  So I've decided to use DAWN dishwashing detergent simply because that is all I have at this time.


There are times when I like to use my Burt's Bees facial cleansing towelettes such as the Cucumber & Sage or the White Tea Extract to wipe away makeup from the brushes, but for this cleaning and disinfectant purpose, I'll only be using the DAWN dishwashing detergent.


I have now gathered all the makeup brushes that came in contact with my infected eye, and now I'm ready to clean them.


I begin by rinsing them under running water.


Then I pour a small amount of dishwashing detergent into a small pot mixed with a bit of water.


Using a gentle circle motion, and not pulling the bristles the makeup begins to come out of the brush. I continue the same procedure with all the other brushes.



Once I have done the soapy detergent process, now it's time to rinse them under running water.


And finally, all the brushes are gently toweled dried, placed on a dry towel, in an inclination position, and allow to air dry for about 12 to 24 hours. 

Even though I had to throw out my favorite everyday makeup items, it was for the best.  I hope the swelling on my eye decreases today, and that my eye heals quickly.

Here is a reading from the book of James.

James 5:15- And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Thanks everyone for continuing to follow me and for stopping by.


Love,
~Jacqueline - The Darling Homemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment